Welcome to the Triangle Program!
The Triangle Program is one of three programs that make up Oasis Alternative Secondary School. This full-time TDSB program offers you the structure, support and a community of gay, lesbian, bisexual, straight and transgender peers to obtain your high school education. We do this by providing:
- Academic and applied curriculum that addresses the interests, concerns, literature, science and history of the lesbigay and transgender communities whenever possible.
- Curriculum and courses that meet the needs of the students in a given semester.
- Smaller classroom sizes with more teacher interaction.
- Social supports: Through our social workers, CYC, and through our connections to community organizations.
- Nutrition: Triangle Program is able to offer students a free nutritious meal every day at lunch. Community volunteers prepare lunch, which always includes a vegetarian option.
- Opportunities for volunteer hours and co-op placements.
- TTC fare (if you qualify) so transportation is not a barrier.
- The school is open for personal study every day at 9:00 a.m.
- Classes begin punctually at 9:30 am and the school day ends at 3:30 pm.
- Lunch is from 12:00pm to 1:00pm
Attendance is important and is recorded for every class and monitored regularly by the teachers and the social worker. We’ve found that to be successful students need to attend regularly.
The attendance requirement is 80%. Legitimate absences, with notification BY NOTE prior to absence will not be counted. Two lates (exceeding fifteen minutes) are considered an absence. All absences must still be accounted for by telephone message or by note. UNACCOUNTED ABSENCES ARE GROUNDS FOR DISMISSAL.
If a student does not maintain their attendance at 80%, they risk losing their place at the Triangle Program.
All new students to the Triangle Program are on an initial FOUR-WEEK TRIAL PERIOD. During this time your attendance and work progress are monitored to ensure that the Triangle Program is an appropriate setting for you both personally and academically.
Triangle Program School Council The Triangle Program School Council is an active council that focuses on many of the behind the scenes issues needed to support the Triangle Program itself and the students in it.
Chair: Doreen Fumia